1. The types of personal information collected and stored by TrendPulse might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
2. TrendPulse (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
(a) any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to TrendPulse to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from TrendPulse;
(b) any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to an TrendPulse website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
(c) during any transaction with us; and
(d) any other data which you provide to TrendPulse when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
3. TrendPulse (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
1. TrendPulse will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that TrendPulse uses and the security policies which TrendPulse has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
1. TrendPulse may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
(a) administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
(b) responding to any enquiry you make;
(c) subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding TrendPulse’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text); and
(d) for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the TrendPulse website(s) and other services and developing TrendPulse’s marketing plans.
2 TrendPulse may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
(a) if you have given your consent for TrendPulse to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
(b) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by TrendPulse to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
(c) to third parties selected by TrendPulse as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the TrendPulse website(s);
(d) to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure TrendPulse ‘s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
(e) (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of TrendPulse and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring TrendPulse to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an TrendPulse website; and
(f) to any individual making a subject information request to TrendPulse.
3. In the event that TrendPulse (or a relevant part of TrendPulse) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant TrendPulse business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom TrendPulse is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on TrendPulse by the third party.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
1. To access certain parts of the TrendPulse websites, TrendPulse may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
(b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.